Tuesday 8 November 2011

Exclusive interview with Reena Rai

Nitasha Does an Exclusive interview with Reena Rai. Imagine a blog written by a fashion addict about designers, catwalk collections, latest must-haves, the highstreet as well as other vital information for any fashion lover. You'd think you zoned out into the best fashion daydream ever, right? Wrong! It would mean you've just clicked onto Fashion Daydreams, a blog written by Reena Rai. Check out my interview with her :)


Describe your blog, Fashion Daydreams in four words.

Fun, fashion, style and high street.


Do you follow any blogs?

I love style blogs like Fashion Toast and Wish Wish Wish - words can't describe how much I want Rumi's wardrobe and Carrie's style. I also love The Style PA, Fab Frocks and Save Our Shoes.


What has your blog allowed you to do that normally you wouldn't have been able to do?

Absolutely, it's opened a lot of doors, I think one of the best has been going to London Fashion Week. I don't think anything can prepare you for your first fashion week. In the beginning, there were only a few bloggers going and it was a little terrifying but now brands and PRs are being more inclusive and it's nice catching up with blogger friends in between shows.




Fashion Daydreams has been featured in The Most Wanted Fashion 100 and Top 50 Fashion Influencers on Twitter, but if you could have your blog featured anywhere, where would it be and why?

I'm incredibly flattered to be featured anywhere to be honest! I think every blogger dreams of being featured by the likes of Vogue Paris or Vogue Italia. I would be blown away to be in either of those.


You have a post up about staying healthy and exercising, and signing up to a boot camp, does this mean you're giving up junk food?

Absolutely not! I adore junk food, chocolate cake is my weakness. I'm becoming more healthy thanks to Aussie, I signed up to their 'lusciously lighter self' challenge with some other Aussie Angels. It's not really about being extreme, just making little changes to your life and diet to get healthy. That's more important than being obsessed with what you weight or what dress size you are.


You have a post up about this season's must have accessories, but what do you feel are this seasons must have colours?

We're lucky this season, anything goes. One magazine editorial will champion colour blocking while the front page of another magazine will proclaim that it's the season of neutrals. The British high street is amazingly diverse and you can find absolutely every trend filtered down. It's sometimes like being a kid in a candy store!


Which 5 fashion designers are you always keeping up to date with?

Wow, tough question! Karl Lagerfeld is a favourite of mine and I'd also say Riccardo Tisci and Alber Elbaz as they consistently produce stunning creations. Christopher Bailey has done amazing things with Burberry and completely turned the perception of the brand on it's head, he's turned it into one of the most luxe of luxury houses and continually pushes the boundaries. Lastly, I'd say Stella McCartney as I've been a fan of her work since her graduate collection.



Who out of the Celeb World Inspires your Fashion Sense?

I think I'm actually more inspired by my peeps and style bloggers than celebrities. Having said that, I'm continually inspired and amazed by Anna Dello Russo and Daphne Guinness.



Which celeb, male and female, do you feel is making their mark with their fashion sense?

Lady Gaga is definitely making a mark on the world with her fashion sense. I'm not her biggest fan, but admire her brave sartorial choices. My friend Matthew Zorpas is probably the best dressed male I know and his personal style far surpasses that of any male celebrity. Esquire named him one of the best dressed men in the country.



How can we follow you and your blog?

You can find my blog at www.fashiondaydreams.com I'm also on Twitter - @fashion_dreamer and I have a Facebook page too - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Fashion-Daydreams/134949139850560


You may be a blogger but that doesn't save you from the 'Quick Fire, Nothing To Do With Anything' round.....

What's your favourite colour?

Bright pink


Sweets or Chocolate?

Chocolate


What is your favourite genre of film?

Obscure Korean movies with a twisted plot and a high body count. I need the name for that genre...


Vampires or Werewolves?

Vampires. Hello, Eric Northman!


If you had a monkey, what would you name him/her?

Daisy, just for lolz


King Kong or T Rex?

T Rex


Daydreams or Reality?

Daydreams, they're more fun


If you could choose to stay in a Fashion Daydream forever, would you take it?

Yes!


Thanks!

Interview Conducted & Written By Nitasha Dhariwal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment