Friday 14 October 2011

New Exclusive Interview with the very Talented Singer/Songwriter and Guitarist John Cade

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview with the very Talented Singer/Songwriter and Guitarist John Cade, We talk Inspiration, Influences, Fashion Style and Current New Exciting Projects. A Great Read, Enjoy!


john_cade_15_1298925293.jpg john_cade_08_1293144422_1293144473.jpg

Q.Tell us about who you are & what you do?

My name is John Cade im a singer/songwriter and guitarist from south London and I write and record and self release my own songs through a digital distributer worldwide on my own record label Steele Records UK named after my second cousin rock n roll star and Hollywood actor and Bermondsey boy Tommy Steele


Q: Describe your Music in 5 words
Flowing
Rhythmic
Blunt
Controversial
Great

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?

At the moment im working on my third single called “Searching for you” a very 60s sounding track a bit different from the first two tracks and that will be part of my EP called “Nowhere to run” which will be out in January it was going to be a full nine track album but I’ve had to limit it to a five track EP I don’t want to run before I can walk and its going to be my first one so I want to see what kind of response or review it gets so I don’t want to give away to much just yet


Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Well I will be 37 so im not too sure whether I will still be doing this there does seem to be a lot of ageism in the music business what I would like to be doing in an ideal world is to be making records, touring I’d like to go and play in the US that would be cool


Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?

A lot of my inspiration is taken from classic artists like Paul Weller, The Kinks

The small faces Steve Marriott is a very big inspiration


Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?

Both I think I love American 50s music Johnny Cash, Elvis and Carl Perkins, Buddy Holly I love the sound those guys made and not to forget the girls the Queen of Rock n roll for me was Janice Martin but the UK music I love Eric Clapton, The Who, more recent Adele who I think is the best thing in British music at the moment


Q: What Artist do you listen to?

I listen to a lot of unsigned artists Tasha Blackmore who has a new EP out soon called Blue Bird iv been listening to that a lot , Matthew More both fantastic singers and songwriters if you listen to the same main stream artist all the time you become set in your ways a bit so I try and listen to as many artists as possible


Q: Who influences your music?

It’s got to be Paul Weller from the Jam day’s day to the style council even all his solo stuff I think is great Steve Marriott also another guy who hasn’t got the recognition he deserves im also influenced by a lot of Motown artists like

Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, and Ray Charles the list is endless


Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?

My fashion in 5 words wow

60s

70s

80s

90s

2000


Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?

People can contact me a number of ways I will always reply to a fan that’s fact I do not believe in not getting back to fans who have taken their time to contact me

I can be contacted through the guest book and contact John page of my website www.johncademusic.com also through Facebook www.facebook.com/johncademusicmkvibe or through e-mail which is john.cade@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment