Monday 25 February 2013

Harsh.TV Does an Exclusive Interview With The Very Talented Jamie Sloan




Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?  

Im Jamie Sloan, 20 years old, from Bushmills Northern Ireland and I’m a singer/songwriter


Q: Describe your Music in 5 words. 


Emotional, Diverse, Soulful, Deep and Relatable
 
Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists? 


Years of smoking has made my voice raw and made it husky

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material? 

Yes i write all my own tunes.


Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 

I've a new E.P. in the pipeline as soon as i finish the tour, im going straight to the studio.


Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Hopefully doing music full time, its the only thing i can honestly say fits me. It would be weird if I did something classed as 'Normal'

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?

Life really. When I’m writing songs, I try to take my experiences or some from people around me and channel them through my music. 

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music? 

I listen to a good mix of both, but i'd probably say U.K. the music thats come from here is first class!


Q: What Artists do you listen to?

There are so many I listen to that I feel should be mentioned but I would be here for a year telling you, so my current top 3 are Foy Vance, Ray LaMontagne and Ben Howard

Q: Who influences your music?

John Mayer had a profound effect on my music, his songwriting is amazing. But by far the most influential artist for me is Foy Vance, his songwriting is unreal and he has a voice that sores above others and since we come from the same country and we're in the same game, it gives me a lot of hope that I could do as well as him.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?

Non descriptive really. I like to dress either very casual or smart/casual for my shows.

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?
you can get hold of me at jamiesloanmusic92@gmail.com

2 comments: