Monday 25 February 2013

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Lovely - Silje Kjelsrud




Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 
I am a 21 year old girl from a small town in Norway called Nannestad. I’ve been interested in music and performing arts as long as I can remember. Started with dancing in kindergarten and did that for many years. At the age of 12 I started with singing classes and found out very quickly that to be a professional singer was my dream. From that stage on I’ve been working hard and still do to achieve that.

After music studies at College I moved to Sweden for four months and studied music, then I returned home to start a vocal group with two other girls with whom I performed in many concerts over a period of a year.

I was lucky enough in the summer of 2011 to compete in the World Championships of Performing Arts in Hollywood, reaching the semifinal. After the competition I was contacted by an LA producer who I later worked with on various occasions, which as a result lead to me working with Fersk Management.

I moved to Liverpool last autumn where I began studying music at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts and working with Fersk Management.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words 
 Something you can relate to.

Q.Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you
 I love Snowboarding, Chocolate and “Dirty Dancing”.

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists? 
 It’s easily recognizable, passionate and full of energy.

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material? 
 I do write but I also co-write and work with producers. I prefer co-writing as you get more inputs and best of both parts which I think helps a lot to make a song better.

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 
 I’m currently promoting my new single “Always and Forever”, putting my name out in the industry and trying to build up a fan base whilst working on new material.  

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 
 Working full time in the music industry doing what I love the most; singing.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 
  Everyday life and experiences, great artists and performers, boyfriend, friends and family.

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music? 
 I guess I have more artist to choose from from the USA, but there are a lot of UK artists I really like as well.

Q:What Artist do you listen to? 
 There are so many I could go on forever, but to mention a few, Katy Perry, Michael Jackson, Adele, Jessie J, Beyoncé, Etta James..

Q:Who influences your music? 
 Artists vise I would say Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepsen etc.. but I focus a lot on getting a Silje sound and not to sound like somebody else. There is only one Silje ;) In secondary school I used to sing songs of Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Janis Joplin and all of the other amazing female vocalists.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 
 Feminine, glamorous, current, sparkly and chic.

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you? 
 Come up to me and talk to me or my management team, send an email or give me a call.

1 comment:

  1. Follow Silje on twitter@SiljeKjelsrud and find her on Facebook as Silje Music.
    Please follow Silje :)

    ReplyDelete