Monday 3 December 2012

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Talented - cristian tyler





Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?
I am a singer, songwriter and vocal arranger originally from Jacksonville, FL. I have lived in Baltimore, MD for the last 22 years. I was originally apart of a 4 member female group signed under Jazz from the Baltimore, MD singing sensation group Dru Hill. I decided to pursue a career as a solo artist once the group disbanded and in that process began ghost writing for local talent. I am now apart of a writing group called "The Middle East". 

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words
Soothing, Melodic, Airy, Beautiful, Harmonic 

Q.Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you
I have a moderate case of OCD lol, I'm obsessed with Brandy, I'm terrified of heights

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists?
I often get compared to the late great Aaliyah and Brandy as far as my soft tone. I think that alone makes me stand out because everyone expects the powerhouse voices to prevail but its the comeback of the soft voices lol. I also have a very unique talent of arranging vocals and harmonies. I was told that my ability to arrange is out of this world, so I'll go with that lol 

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material?
Yes I write all of my own material, always have. I collaborated with my two writing partners on two of the songs off the mixtape which was a first for me but a great experience 

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?
Currently I am writing for some industry artists 

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I see myself in the conversation of those such as Babyface, R.Kelly, Tank, Ne-Yo, Diane Warren, The Dream and other great writers. If success as a singer comes from that as well I will gladly embrace that path 

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from the purity of music itself. I listen to all genre's but my heart lies with R&B. It's sad to say that R&B has gotten lost along the way, so my drive to bring it back is my inspiration. 

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?
US music but I am open to all genre's 

Q:What Artist do you listen to?
Brandy, Brandy, and more Brandy lol. I'm old school so I don't listen to alot of current music. I'm still listening to Tamia, Toni Braxton, Jodeci and Joe 

Q:Who influences your music?
Easy answer....Brandy! 

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?
I'm really a tomboy at heart but I have an edgy side that tends to stand out at times 

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?
For collaborations and/or songwriting I can be reached at cristiantylermusic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment