Thursday 24 May 2012

RT READ Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Talented Artist Owen McGarry

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Talented Artist Owen McGarry , We talk Inspiration, What is on His Hot Playlist at The Moment and Find Out The 3 Fun Facts about This Hot Artist of The Moment!
Enjoy!


Owen McGarry

Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 

I'm Owen McGarry, I'm a solo musician from Belfast. I play a lot of different instruments, so when I'm writing, I write for more of a band sound as opposed to an acoustic sound. When I'm playing live I either play with a band or if thats not possible or its a more intimate show I will play acoustic arrangements of my songs. I've been playing percussion from a young age then progressed onto playing melodic instruments as a teenager. Then since I've been able to play guitar and sing, I've been busking on the streets of Belfast and a few other cities around the UK as well as writing as much as I can.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words 


Guitar, Pop, Rock, Uplifting, Organic.

Q.Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you

I have a huge passion for Snowboarding

I spent last Summer road tripping around Ireland instead of going away somewhere sunny
The first instrument I ever learned to play was the Claranet

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists? 
Coming from Belfast our accent can sometimes make the sound unique.   We pronounce certain words slightly different from others in the UK.   While playing across the country many people have remarked on my accent , so I guess thats whats makes me stand out among many other artists.

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material? 

Yes, I write my own music.


Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 

Currently I'm working on getting my live show as good as it can be, while also writing as much as I can to get ready for head back into the studio. As well as that right now were getting everything prepared for the EP release in June.


Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 

I would really love to be at the stage where I was able to spend all summer just playing festivals!


Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 

I tend to get inspiration from relationships, nearly all of my songs are about certain events from them.


Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music? 

If I had to pick, I would chose UK music just because I find it a lot easier to find new music in the UK with it being all around me, but thats not to say I don't I don't love lots of acts coming out of America at the moment, it seems to be a very exciting place for music at the moment.


Q:What Artist do you listen to

Fleet Foxes, The Decemberists, The Antlers, Frightened Rabit, Bon Iver, Ellie Goulding, Snow Patrol, Ed Sheeran.


Q:Who influences your music? 

Snow Patrol, Two Door Cinema Club, Elbow, Bon Iver, Coldplay


Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 

Checked, Shirt, Skinny Jeans, Natural.


Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you

My main means of contact is Facebook at the moment, and I would be open to organize colaborations.

No comments:

Post a Comment