Friday 27 April 2012

Harsh.TV Does A Brand New Interview With The Very Gifted Singer/Songwriter Thea

Harsh.TV Does A Brand New Interview With The Very Gifted Singer/Songwriter Thea and also Band Member of Current and Tides.
We talk Music Inspiration, Current Music Projects & Find Out What Makes her Voice stand Out From Other Artist.
A Great and Very Inspiring Interview
Enjoy!


Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 
- First of all my band’s name is Currents and Tides but I’m a solo artist. I’m from the Philippines and I live in a very small town. I’m 19 and I’m a full blooded Filipino and I’m very proud of it. My true name is Julie Thea Kamid Pitogo but I prefer people calling me Thea. I’m a singer – songwriter and I’ve been composing songs since I was 12 years old.. I’m a self taught singer and musician. I know how to play guitar, bass, drums, key boards, flute and my all time favorite ukulele. 

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words 
- Simple, honest, real, exciting and catchy. 

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists? 
- Well, maybe because its unique?.I mean all of the people who heard me sing thinks that my voice is unique so I’m gonna go for that. But of course you can’t please everyone, some other people thinks that I sing like an 8 year old kid and the worst thing I’ve ever heard is that they think that I sing like a chipmunk. But that’s their opinion and I respect that what’s important is that I learn from other artists and take those negative criticisms as a challenge and most importantly having faith in my artistrty. I know that I don’t have that powerful voice like Adele, Charice or Celine Dion that can amaze the world. Nor the beautiful face that I can show people to. But I have my music with me and I trust this God given gift I have, I guess that’s all what it takes. 

Q. Do you Write Your Own Songs? 
- Yes, Ive been doing it for 7 years. 

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 
- This year will be a great year for me because Peter, he’s a friend of mine who found out about my music on you tube and he’s gonna help me with my music this year. I don’t know what will gonna happen but I’m gonna be praying for the better. 

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 
- Still doing my music, composing songs and performing with bunch of people... I really really love performing for people. 

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 
- God, My family, and the people who believes in my music, they are the ones who inspire me to continue what I love doing. 

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music? 
- I love both music, I think that they are both amazing and they have great artistry... I listen and appreciate every genre that I hear whatever place they come from... Especially when I really like the song I would totally put that song on my playlist. 

Q:What Artist do you listen to? 
- I listen to Hip hop and Rnb too so I’m gonna go for Nelly, Ludacris, Jason Derulo, Lil’ John, Sean Kingston, Sean Paul, Iyaz and Travis McCoy. In some certain bands I listen to Boys like girls, The distillers, All time low, Hey Monday and Paramore. And my all time favourite of them all are Jack Johnsons, Lenka, Never shout never, Darwin Deez, Dashboard Confessionals, Ingrid Michaelson, I Blame Coco, Lily Allen, Sophie Madeleine and Julia Nunes. 

Q:Who influences your music? 
- Its Bob Marley and The Beatles, just like them I wanna make songs that are timeless. I wanna make songs that even if its 10 years or 20 years past in time people would still remember, know every lyrics of it and still have that great feeling from the first time they heard the song. 
Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 
- I don’t really know how to describe it but I don’t really wear dresses except if its needed in a certain occasion but I love wearing skinny jeans, stylish shirts and checkered scarves. I’m not really a Hills fanatic but I love wearing shoes specially chucks... I’m really addicted with kicks its just every time I see one I would be like. HEAVEN. 

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you? 
- Well you can email me @ currentsandtides@rocketmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment