Thursday 22 March 2012

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview with The Very Talented Donnell Jones

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview with The Very Talented Donnell Jones, he also has a couple more aka's.. Find out what they are!!
We talk Influences, Inspiration and Current Music Projects.
A Great Interview
Enjoy!!

Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?
A. My name is Donnell Jones and I make music under the name DistantStarr aka StarrSkream. I am a producer/rapper/graphic artist

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words
A. Hiphop with a touch of electro, some jazz and a bit of funk.


Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?
A. My first solo full length entitled "Arrive" on the UK label FreeForm Records, a project called "Supper Efficient" with a good friend Nex Millen who is also a producer and is the one who mixed and arranged my most recent project "Seekers" (http://distantstarr.bandcamp.com/album/seekers) I also just completed my first music video the title track "Seekers" filmed by Aaron D. Stallworth and edited by myself. (http://youtu.be/l6d0edP6bws)


Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A. Somewhere on some island drinking a Red Stripe and chilling with my lady and my kids. I am a proud father of 3 beautiful children. I do this for them.


Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?
A. My kids and my life. I was recently divorced so not being able to see my kids everyday like I used to is the motivation. I want to do better for them. My girlfriend is a great inspiration also and she forces me to want to do better too. Family is key.


Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?
A. I don't have a preference. Music is music. I like what both places are bringing to the table.

Q:What Artist do you listen to?
A. A lot of Little Dragon, De La Soul, Herbie Hancock, Bootsy Collins. A lot of instrumental stuff also, Le N?ko, LuckyMe Crew. All types of music. Jazz and soul too.


Q:Who influences your music?
A. I try not to let anyone influence it. I try to avoid the whole monkey see monkey do thing.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?
A. Fresh and comfortable


Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?
A. Twitter @distantstarr, email distantstarr@gmail.com, just google me and click on something I will respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment