Wednesday 9 November 2011

Harsh.TV Weekly Hotspot Feature -Paul Bailey


Today I want to talk about the day in the life of an Independent artist.

I have always considered myself a songwriter first since that's how I started.
Writing lyrics and melodies symotaniously. Instrument of choice is vocals
though I can play chords on a piano and figure out the melodies it is the vocals
that I use to create all parts of the composition. Like the beat,Bass strings,rhythm
section etc you get the picture!I usually work with Producers to get my vision
across proficiently.Being an artist is the closet to my heart. It is difficult to find
singers who can convey the lyrics in the way I want so end up doing it my self.

So now I have become an artist in my own right, still willing to write for other artists
who needs songs but that takes getting to know the style and vein the artist is after.
There are many pure songwriters who are successful writing for others but those writers
tend to be few and far these days!

The Platform in the music business has changed over the last 2 decades.
Music licensing as become the lucrative deal these days. Getting your song
licensed in Film/TV/Video games.But what I have noticed the Independent
artist still needs a hit song or a buzz about him/her to get music supervisors
to notice them. It is who knows you not who you know in this business!
Music supervisors have become the A&R of the 21s century.

The Performing songwriter vs the songwriter!
I personally believe in performing I am from the old school.
I also believe in by any means necessary to promote your self
and create a buzz.There is no one way but if you are an artist
there is nothing better than performing!Right now I am in writing mode
but always on the lookout for a great showcasing platform!

Specialties :Voice referencing,Songwriting if you need any of these services
don't feel shy to contact paulbailey16@hotmail.com

I leave you with this little video I did enjoy!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gKZi1VRrwE&feature=related

Please sign up and vote for me thanks :http://www.zobnot.com/paul_bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment