Thursday 10 November 2011

An Exclusive Interview With The Gifted Musician VEEJ

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Gifted Musician VEEJ, we talk inspiration, influences, current music projects and his Fashion style.
A great Read
Enjoy!

Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?

Standing at a mighty five feet, three inches tall, with skin brown as nature itself, I’m Vijay Mohan, presenting myself as VEEJ, a musician from the great big country of Canada. I am, or at least I’ve heard, that I’m a singer with a lot of potential. As such, my life’s dream has become to sing to as many people as fate will allow. I am a thinker, who likes to let his ideas cook in his head before sharing them.

I’m also a graduate from the Ryerson University School of Journalism. The time I’ve spent learning about news reporting has made for an interesting few years. Oh, the stories I could tell…

Right now, as a recent graduate in his twenties, I’m doing whatever I can to scrape together money for my musical pursuits. Such recent activities have included working at a retail garden centre, and doing landscaping work in sub-zero temperatures. There’s nothing quite like knowing my music is being fuelled by dirty, hands-on work. Of course, I’d rather build my music career out of my music. You’ll find me performing locally in the Brampton area, and participating in karaoke competitions whenever I can.

I’m always open to sharing more with those who want to hear it, so feel free to contact me.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words
My voice, from my heart.

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?
I just recently finished recording my first studio single, “Hurricane”, with producer Mark Zubek. My goal is to earn enough that I can record a new single for the early part of 2012, and I’m just now getting the hardware to be able to share cover songs by request on YouTube.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I don’t see myself being married or having kids in five years. I hope I’ll have my own place, and be earning a steady living as a musician. My goal is to be internationally recognized, and I hope five years is enough time to make that happen. If I can make waves in the American or Japanese music markets, I’ll know I made it.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?
Sometimes, I’m motivated to keep working at music by reading artist biographies/autobiographies, to see famous artists at the times when they were as normal as I am. I like to think I can build myself out of nothing, too.

My music is inspired by the poetic qualities of the English language. There are just so many ways to join words together, sometimes complicated and sometimes simple, and trying to create music doesn’t stop being interesting.

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?
If I had to choose, it’d be UK. I usually listen to music for its vocal qualities, and there is so much beauty in the accents that come from voice in the UK. That being said, I’m a little out of touch with both US and UK music and ought to catch up on them a bit more.

Q:What Artist do you listen to?
My current taste is in Japanese rock artists from the past 30 years, including GACKT, Aikawa Nanase, GLAY and X Japan (if you’ve heard of them, let’s be friends!). As far as western artists, I’ve been told I’m frozen in time, as my favourite artists are Stevie Wonder, Tom Jones, Josh Groban, and Elton John. However, I’ve found myself enjoying Adele a lot lately. My musical tastes are really eclectic, though, and I’ve been known to enjoy everything, including some gangsta rap and classic country.

Q:Who influences your music?
My voice is heavily influenced by some of the greats, including Stevie Wonder, Tom Jones and Elton John. Other influences include the Beatles, the Beach Boys and the BeeGees. My songwriting draws from the chord progression and melodic qualities of Japanese popular music. I like to think of everything I hear as a musical influence in some way.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?
Rugged, but professional and trendy.

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?
I’m always open to offers for collaboration. If you’d like to leave a message, visit one of the following:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/VEEJ/156584307763757

ReverbNation: http://www.reverbnation.com/veej/

Twitter: @callmeveej

No comments:

Post a Comment