Monday 31 October 2011

CHRIS GRUBNER :: ABOUT THIS ARTIST

Chris Grubner


Chris Grubner
CHRIS GRUBNER :: ABOUT THIS ARTIST

ARTIST SUMMARY

Genres: Alternative / Folktronica / Acoustic Rock
Label: Strange Measure Media, Strange Measure Music
Management: Jimmy Valentine/Chris Grubner/ Dennis Fredrik



ARTIST BIO

I have been interested in music my whole life.My parents were always playing all different types of music in our living room when I was very young.At the age of 13 I decided to pick up the harmonica.After playing around on it for a while I started jamming with my Uncle Mark, an old hippy from Seattle who enjoys Rockin'out!After playing with him for a bit I started strumming on his guitar a custom made beauty with abalone inlay everywhere,ivory string pegs and a nut made out of bone.One day Mark heard me strumming and showed me a few chords and the adventure began.I went to a pawn shop and bought a Delta for$100.Mark and I played for a few years together and I learned pretty quick. I wasn't the best player, but I did my best.Fast forward a few years.I was 19 and back home from college when my friend Cody introduced me to Jimmy Valentine.Jimmy is a rippin'guitar player and an inventive song writer. His style of playing is like if Jimi Hendrix,Steve Vai impregnated Tony Iomi and 9 months later out popped their illegitimate buttbaby,yet his style is uniquely his.Jimmy took me under his wing and gave me countless lessons on playing and on songwriting.He was the first person to take interest in my music and gave me the confidence to start writing and recording it.Jimmy is featured heavily on most of my tracks and is my producer.Jimmy is the owner and organizer of the Hoodilidoo Music Festival in Lacota MI, which I will be playing.I briefly played bass in Jimmy's band the Atomic Love Explosion, which was a crash course in learning to play the bass and band dynamics and fluidity.

As of recent I have been working on my song writing and playing, making beats as well as my live show which I am calling Folktronica, an idea I ripped off from my good friend Sean Mullady who is the creator of Folk/Hop. It's just me, a guitar and a laptop all alone. So please be kind rewind! ~Chris Grubner~

No comments:

Post a Comment