Saturday 30 April 2011

What would you mark it?


Absolutely knackered today; been working my buttocks off since 9 AM for them awful A Level exams coming up and then got dragged somehow by my friends to watch Scream 4. Ergggggh. I’ve never watched a horror movie in the cinema before and believe me, there’s a reason why. By all means, I most certainly wasn’t ready for this one today. I mean, everyone knows by now that if you’re going to get Unsah to watch any sort of horror at all, it needs to be a) with a bunch of 10 or more people, b) in a room with extremely bright lightening and c) the TV has to have a maximum restriction of being 30”. If the criterion doesn’t fit, just simply don’t invite me or expect me to turn up. Need I say that today I had no choice, I was convinced we were going to watch Fast Five (still abso gutted we didn’t) but ‘magically’ everyone had a split change of mind to watch horror, to my utmost horror. Thanks girls, thanks. Nevertheless, it was quite an enjoyable movie (...for me). NOTE: If I’m saying a horror movie is an enjoyable movie, it means it’s not scary at all. And I’m going to tell you all now; it’s not scary at all. Apart from having quite a few familiar faces such as Courtney Cox, Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere and Kristen Bell and a few gruesome scenes – I didn’t see what there was to be scared about? It wasn’t unpredictable, which I presume is what makes a horror film? It wasn’t keeping anyone in the cinema screening screaming. Actually, I think we all laughed more than we screamed. I don’t know, I just assumed that since it was called ‘SCREAM...’, I’d be screaming – I stood corrected! It all seemed so fake. Since they’ve slashed in some amazingly talented actresses who’ve had years of experience – we can’t blame them. Who we can blame though is whoever came up with the storyline. The storyline which has been repeated more or less about a gazilion times in the horror movie industry. Come on, be a little more creative! You’ve got the props, the equipment, the money, the actors, the actresses so give us a good movie to watch!!! I’d give it a disappointed 3/5.
If you've seen the movie, how many marks out of 5 would you give it?

Reported, Reviewed  & Written By Unsah Malik

No comments:

Post a Comment