Wednesday 20 November 2013

Harsh.TV Does an Exclusive Interview With The Very Talented ***Evie Archer***



Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 
           
Hi! My name is Evie Archer, and I’m a singer-songwriter. When I’m not writing or playing music, I can be found looking for little adventures in New York City.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words 

I would say that my music is catchy, introspective, emotional, melodic, and lyric-driven.

Q.Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you

I haven’t quit my day job yet, so I feel like I lead an exciting double life as an artist.

I often find myself in slightly absurd situations, like the time I stumbled across a band of Irish musicians on their first night in America and spent the evening hanging out with them. That was on a Monday.

I enjoy being a tourist in my own town.

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists? 

I think that the purity of my vocal tone separates my voice from other artists.

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material? 

I write all of my own material. I’ve loved writing music since I was very young. It’s my way of expressing myself and working through my emotions. The fact that I’m getting to share that music with others is incredible.

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 

I am releasing an EP soon, which includes an original Christmas song called “On Christmas Day.” I recently shot the music video for that song, which I think is turning out beautifully. “On Christmas Day” is going to radio, and will be played in Macy’s stores across the country, as well as on the Holly channel on Sirius/XM radio. In addition, I am playing shows around the tri-state area and will be featured on “Voice of America” on December 6. And as always, I am working on writing new material!


Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 

I would love to be making music full-time within 5 years. I want to be creating new songs, sharing my work, and traveling and exploring the world.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 

Most of my inspiration comes from real life. I work through relationships and emotions through songwriting. Some of my songs are inspired by literature, though. One of my favorite original songs, “In the Dark,” was based on “Twilight.” I never know when inspiration will strike, so I try to keep an eye (and ear) out!

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music? 

I don’t listen to a lot of music, but I am open to both UK and US music! I love anything that’s catchy and makes me feel something.

Q:What Artist do you listen to? 
The Beatles are always a great band to listen to, especially when I feel like my songwriting needs a jolt of inspiration. I also enjoy Adele, along with a pretty eclectic mix of musicians (from Elvis to Of Montreal).

Q:Who influences your music? 

I definitely count The Beatles as an influence. In general, their songwriting was incredibly tight and full of hooks. I try to create pop songs with the question, “What Would Paul McCartney Do?” in the back of my mind.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 

I am always working on this and trying out different styles!

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you? 

I would love for people to contact me and collaborate. They can find me:
                On Facebook:www.facebook.com/eviearchermusic
                On Twitter: @MsEvieArcher
                On Reverbnation:www.reverbnation/eviearcher
                Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/eviearcher


Thank you so much for talking with me! It was a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment