Tuesday 14 May 2013

Harsh.TV Does A First Time Interview with - The Very Talented - Sienna





Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?

My name is Sienná. I´m working as an electronica artist in Norway, but originaly from Kyoto (Japan). I´m a life-enjoyer. I love traveling around, talking to different people, discovering my own favorite places without help from travel guidebooks. Touring with my music is the best thing I know! I´m a crosscultural personality. I may be a prototypical Japanese sometimes, but also very Norwegian (or European) to some extent. My music tends to be located somewhere in between west and east.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words

Deamy, intelligent, avantgarde, crossover, live-electronics

Q.Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you

1. I was still in kindergarten when I started to play piano. In my teenage period, I started electric guitar too. The first song I tried was (of course) "Smoke on the Water". I´m still one of the worst guitar players in the world, bu I dared to try a bit on my new album.
2. I have a Master of Arts degree in cultural science. I hope I can keep myself busy with it  after music retirement. 
3. Boots is a very dangerous place. I just cannot help avoiding BOOTS stores. They are like a black hole vacuuming me, and I really have to fight against their gravity.

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists?

People say that my voice is soothing. I´m no Celine Dion, but trying to tell my stories in my own way, without fancy decorations. Voice is one of the music instruments to me. So, I use my voice if I think it fits.

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material?

Yes, always. I would like to be considered as a good composer, because I have sentimental connections to every each material I write. Sometimes I may use some old texts from classic works of Japanese literature. My new single "Gion" contains some lines from "The Tale of Genji" which was written in the early 11th century.

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 

I´ve just finished my new album named "Japonesque" (scheduled release in July 2013). I´ll be on tours to promote it in UK, Italy, Germany and Japan for several months. I´ll probably start to write new materials again soon.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

I may be physically exhausted in hell, but mentally happy in heaven, regardless of where I am in the world. Hopefully still alive.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?

I´m inspired from good memories, nice people and beautiful places (especially when I think of the sad, upsetting and unfair things that happens everywhere). I feel that my cultural root has become more and more important. I get many inspirations from my hometown Kyoto and its local history, traditions and culture.

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?

I have been growing up with the UK music. The first albums I bought with my own pocket money when I was 10, were The Beatles and Rolling Stones. I was quite drowned myself in UK´s New Wave as well. I´m frequently listening to older tracks from UK (mostly pop/new wave/rock) which I still think are masterpieces after so many years.

Q:What Artist do you listen to?

I listen to anything and everything. I have a very "scattered" taste in music, and can hardly come back to the same artists, except a few.

Q:Who influences your music?

Ryuichi Sakamoto, Yellow Magic Orchestra, The Beatles, Björk and Abòn. The classical music especially Chopin.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?


feminine, urban, relaxing, basic-colored, mix-and-match
(On the stage, I wear handmade Kimono dress!)

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?


I keep my eyes on all the messages I receive on these sites:
My website www.sienna-web.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment