Monday 20 May 2013

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Talented - Andy Chester







Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 
A. My name is Andy Chester. I am one of the UK's most critically acclaimed songwriters. I do telesales in Asia for a living though because my music doesn't sell.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words 
A. Understandable Poetic Electronic Singer Songwriter 

Q.Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you
A. I run a record label. I write amazing songs. I write funny books and blogs.

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists?
A. John Leckie reckons I am the best singer in the UK, when I am on it. He should know having produced the Stone Roses, Radiohead and Muse. He also told me to my face I am a poet. So poetry combined with the best voice in the UK. I sang every day for 18 years in rehearsal rooms, on stage in Manchester and all over the UK. I am a professional singer.

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material? 
A. Yes I do.

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 
A. I am currently working in Asia to raise the money to pay for PR for my record label and release vinyl in the UK. Recreation has been hit over 4 million times in the last three years through pure word of mouth. I hand picked the bands on my label myself and they are world class.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 
A. On tour.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 
A. Mediocrity and the desire to defeat it. I never knew my dad who died when I was 20 and my mother died when I was 25. I am the youngest of 8 kids, but I am not close to any of my brothers or sisters. When you have no family or family home to go back to, you survive or die. My inspiration comes from these cold facts, my anger and my sense of comedy.

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?
A. I only listen to amazing music, wherever it is from.  I suppose, if pushed though, US music.

Q:What Artist do you listen to? 
A. I listen to Millie Jackson. She makes me feel better. I also like modern classical music. It chills me out.

Q:Who influences your music? 
A. I was born in 1969 and heard the cream of popular music from the 60's and 70's through my older brothers and sisters record collections. It has influenced me ever since. Every time I pick up a guitar, I write a song, inspired by this period in music.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 
A. I like to look smart.

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment