Friday 23 November 2012

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Talented Rouzy Rouz







Q: Tell us about who you are & what you do? 
A: I am Rouzy Rouz, 23 years old, and I am just another human being in this world following their dreams and passion. I grew up in Bakersfield, California and once I graduated high school I went on to attend college at UC Irvine in Orange County. I graduated early from the university and took some time to follow a new passion I developed while attending UCI, which was music. Growing up I always wanted to be a musician or an actor. Once I released my first mixtape “Duty Calls,” about a year and a half ago, everything just started pulling together. I had great support starting off from my family and friends, and soon people from all parts of the world were reaching out to me and encouraging me to continue releasing new music. Fast forward to now, I just recently released my new music video for my new radio hit single “Dance On Me” featuring the one and only Kurupt Young Gotti and MTV’s Shawn Isaac.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words
A: Let’s have a good time.

Q. Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you
A:
I am actually Persian. I was born and raised here in California, but my parents flew out of Iran in the 80s’s to start a new life here in the United States, and I am super thankful for the big sacrifice they made leaving all of their close family and friends.
I love playing sports, soccer in particular.
I am currently also pursuing my Master’s degree in Health Care Administration at California State University, Los Angeles while being an artist and full-time employee. So I keep busy, but I try to use my music and passion to encourage people to know and remember that no matter what, you are never too busy to take time to do what you really want to do in life.

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists?
A: A lot of people I come across and work with always tell me, “Rouzy I’ve never heard a voice like yours, you’ve got something different.” Bringing a new sound to the industry can definitely be risky, people will either like it or not, and thankfully people have been given me a ton of positive feedback about my voice and style which is super awesome. I guess one thing that people really like about me is that I am always just trying to be myself. I’m never truly trying to fit society’s description of what a “hip hop artist” should look and act like, but truly just being Rouzy Rouz.

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material?
A: Yes, everything I release is written by me and reviewed by the trusted people I work with. If they ever say “hey I’m not really feeling that,” I scratch it all out and rewrite something new until I get something everyone will love.

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?
A: I currently have quite a few projects in the works. I won’t say any names of the projects, but I am currently working on a new single with Jonn Hart who has the new radio hit single “Who Booty,” on a track I introduced him to and now we are looking to release it on his next mixtape scheduled for release the end of this month. I have a few new singles I am going to be releasing very soon, one single that I am very excited about that I am working on with Mic 3rd (from Cold Flamez) and JB ThaPrettyBoy. Another big single where I am trying something very different with up and coming Phil Kahan and the one and only Tino Cochino. Lots of other projects in the works that I know everyone is going to truly enjoy.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
A: Honestly if I told you I had a vision of that I would be lying to you. Five years ago I would not have been able to tell you that I will be a big up and coming hip hop artist, and look at me now. But whatever may be ahead in the future, I am definitely super excited about it and am looking forward to sharing it with everyone.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 
A: Everything and everyone, and all of the memories I have as a little kid to this very second while doing this interview.

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?
A: I love all music. Especially being an artist myself, I’ve become more knowledgeable of what goes into making great music, and can only respect everyone out there working hard towards what they truly love whether it’s in music or something else in any part of the world.

Q: What artist do you listen to?
A: I listen to everything that I come across. Even if it is a genre of music I am not too into, I always listen and study what I am listening to in order to learn from other artists to better myself as an artist.

Q: Who influences your music?
A: Just like where I find my inspiration, everything and everyone.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?
A: Looks nice? I’ll wear it.

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?
Email: RouzyRouz@gmail.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rouzyrouz
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RouzyRouzMusic

1 comment: