Thursday 22 November 2012

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With - ****Birgitte Karlsen****






Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 
A. I am a lifelover, I love travelling, surfing, meeting new people, coffee and off course music. I work with children part time in Norway in an elementary school as a social teacher. The rest of my time I spend making music, doing concerts and  being with friends.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words 
A. I would describe my music as Catchy, Soul, Countrypop, comfortable and honest. 

Q.Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you
A. I don't dye my hair (natural ice blond)
    I've moved 11 times the past ten years
    I was on the Norwegian version of "the voice"

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists? 
A. My voice is very soulful and deep, strong and powerful. In a way that you can tell when it's my music you hear on the radio. I have always been a singer, so it's become a part of my identity somehow. I'm also good at communicating through singing. 

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material? 
A. All my music and lyrics are written by me. 

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 
A. First of all I released my first EP "melody" a month ago, so I'm doing a release tour in Norway these days. I'm also writing new songs now, and planning on recording from spring on, and hopefully have an album ready by fall 2013.  


Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 
A. Whoa, that's a tough one. I love going with the wind, taking opportunities handed to me, and just live my life to the fullest, even though I have no idea what it holds. I am so lucky right now that I get to do what I truly love, so hopefully there will be more songs to be sung, more places to visit and lots of more friendships to make. 

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 
A. I mostly get inspired by other people and their thoughts and conversations. I believe our journeys are somehow defined by who we meet. I also get inspired by nature (which we do have a lot of in Norway). I was up north for a week this summer and ended up writing three new songs. And of course I get inspired listening to music other people make, especially people I know. 

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music? 
A. My oppinion is that US music is more commercial and UK music got more personality to it, I am (without doubt) listening most to UK music. UK music is not just about appearance but puts more weight to the music, not as superficial as US music.

Q:What Artist do you listen to? 
A. Now days I listen to Mumford & Sons, Bon Iver, Sufjan Stevens, Newton Faulkner, Adele and M83

Q:Who influences your music? 
A. Mumford and sons has been a big influence for me, as well as India.Arie. 

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 
A. Bohemian, Rock, Laid back, Feminine, Surfchick 

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you? 
A. Check out my facebook-page (https://www.facebook.com/birgittekarlsenmusic) or write me an e-mail atbirgittekarlsenmusic@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment