Thursday 15 November 2012

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Talented Solo Artist Owen McGarry






Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 

I'm Owen McGarry, I'm a 19 year old solo artist from Belfast. From the start I've wanted to make sure I don't get placed in the 'acoustic singer songwriter' category as a musician, so having been brought up playing more than just one instrument, I've tried have the music I make reflect that. As far as an overall sound, I would get compared to a fusion between Snow Patrol, Maroon 5 and a little early Paulo Nutini. 

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words 

Big Organic Electronic Pop Rock 

Q.Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you

I've been Snowboarding since I was 9
My first Album I bought was Meteora by Linkin Park
My favourite instrument to play is the Drum Kit

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists? 

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material? 

Yes

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 

Currently I'm working on the Single Launch for my new track 'I Can't Lie' and preparing for my UK tour while constantly writing.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 

Still working hard and doing what I love.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 

I get my inspiration mostly from the same place the majority of male artists do... girls. Apart from that I would sometimes write about important events that have occurred in my life

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music? 

As long as the musics good I don't really mind where it's come from

Q:What Artist do you listen to? 

I listen to a lot of house and drum n bass music in my free time, but if I want to have a good listen to something it will usually be The Antlers or Frightened Rabbit

Q:Who influences your music? 

A lot of the local acts that have had a big influence me, like Snow Patrol and Two Door Cinema Club. As well I would take influence from a lot of electronic music, like Aphex Twin or Justice. Smaller Indie Bands would also have an effect on me, with the likes of Frighted Rabbit or The Villagers.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment