Wednesday 8 August 2012

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Inspiring and An award winning singer-songwriter, recording artist and performer from San Francisco Aoede



Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Very Inspiring and An award winning singer-songwriter, recording artist and performer from San Francisco 
Aoede
We talk about her Current Music Projects,Some Really Fun and Interesting Facts like find Out When She Worked In The White House and Much, Much More
A great Read
Enjoy!


Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 

I'm Aoede-an award winning singer-songwriter, recording artist and performer from San Francisco with an enchantingly quirky soprano voice. Aoede means song in Greek mythology and she was the muse of song. I wanted affiliation with the muse for inspiration!
If you like Ingrid Michaelson, Feist, Regina Spektor Lily Allen, you hopefully will resonate with my music!


Q: Describe your Music in 5 words : compelling pop for your heart

Q.Please give your Fans 3 Fun Facts About you
(1) I worked at the White house as an intern the same year as Monica Lewinsky
(2) I love puzzles, useless facts and trivia
(3) I string jewelry and used to do lapidary-grinding and polishing gemstones

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists? 
-it is quirky and high soprano-it sounds youthful but sweet believable, honest and compelling, evocative

Q. Do you Write Your Own Material? 
Yes all of it

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 
Just released Skeletons of the Muse new album that has received amazing feedback, and released a music video for Fairy Tale Love-
Currently collaborating with my producer on a really exciting recording project that I will share next month
;) Also just sang the National Anthem for the Pacifics Baseball Team in Marin July 21st. Then, I will be performing and telling my story in Portland, OR Aug 19th for a fundraiser event for CureJM (Juvenile Myostis) Foundation. Basically, it's the children's version of the same auto-immune disease that I have, so it is near and dear to my heart. I'm hoping I can inspire the kids and give them hope. I will be back in LA for LA Music Awards in September for a Voting Party and November for the Awards Show. If you are in LA, please come check it out!

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 
Continuing to write, record award-winning songs and albums; securing film and tv placements; composing for commercials, etc.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 
the world around me and what's inside me-everything from my own experiences to others, personal relationships, observation, discoveries, etc.


Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?  
Both!! There are so many amazing artists out there-they all have something to offer-don't think it's an either or-if anything I know more US artists and therefore probably hear more-but I got inspired years ago by British music such as New Model Army, Radiohead, Keane, The Cure, Portishead, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Police...

Q:What Artist do you listen to? 
so hard to answer that-so many artists from multiple genres-singer-songwriters such as Erin McCarley, Lily Allen, Lucy Schwartz, Joy Williams, to Keane or Muse to a ton of '80s music to musicals and folk, old blues …
right now listening to a lot of artists used in advertising!


Q:Who influences your music? 
same answer-so many folks have influenced me-but more recently-women singer-songwriters-quirky artists w/ compelling memorable vocals... 

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?  
Love Frye Boots & Leggings

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you? 

social networking-

No comments:

Post a Comment