Saturday 7 July 2012

Music update from Ava!








July 6, 2012
1
Wow, a Newsletter? Yup!

I Guess It's About Time

I have been putting this off for a while but I think maybe it's time to go ahead and try making an email "newsletter" about what's going on in my musical adventures these days. I want to be more consistent and timely in letting you know what I'm working on and hopefully, I will find a good balance so that I'm not bogging down your inbox but that I also communicate a little bit more when I have something "cookin'" -- especially when it comes to a new song, or when a public performance opportunity comes up. So, I hope you'll hang in there with me as I begin this new step, I'm so glad you are taking it with me :-)


Surf's Up and It's Electronic!

Whoo-Hoo! I am releasing a song on my birthday, it is available to pre-order now, but it will be officially released on July 19th (no, I'm not telling how many candles are going to be on the cake this year) - ha! It is a cover of my favorite Beach Boys song, "Don't Worry Baby" and because I am a life-long fan and to honor their 50th year and induction into the California Hall of Fame  right here in Sacramento, I have made my own unique arrangement of the song.

It's totally different than the original in that I made it into an electronic, dream-pop tune. What's not so new is that I organically sang all 5 vocal parts, meaning I did not use any auto-tune or auto-chord/harmonizer to do it. You know me, I love to sing and harmonize, so it is with humble joy that I share that fact, just so you know that it's just lil' me doing everything. All the music is me, my computer and my little Key-Rig 49 USB piano controller! Now, the super cool part about this who I had help me finish the track, I'm still stunned. Okay, so if you didn't know, I have a new album out now, called "12welve" and it was mastered by Pete Maher, who has mastered several of U2's latest projects (Achtung Baby, Covered) and (U22 the double live album) well he told me about a producer and mixing engineer he has worked with, Steve Belgrave and the two worked with me on this song. They have worked on projects for, this is the stunning part: Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Depeche Mode, Snow Patrol, Jack White, Nine Inch Nails, the list is long and reads like a Grammy Winner Honor Roll!! Anyway, they are super guys and I kid you not, they like my music and are wonderful supporters of it, just like you. Did I mention how much I appreciate you? Anyway, so long story short, "Don't Worry Baby" sounds really great and I'm so excited to release it to celebrate Summer and my birthday with you in this way.

Where is it? I'm so glad  you asked, check this out:https://onerpm.com/#/disco/album&album_number=990087438 - it's just 49 cents on ONErpm, it will go live on iTunes and Amazon mp3, Google Play hopefully by my actual birthday 7/19 - that's my hope, anyway. If you click on this, you'll be able to listen to a preview. I hope you like it.

Thanks so much,
Ava :-)


UPCOMING EVENTS


August 114:30 - 6:30PM

FREE & PUBLIC GIG!
Artistic Edge Gallery
2nd Saturday Artwalk
w/music by Ava
Map Here


About Section
AVAILABLE FOR
PRIVATE EVENTS
I love to perform for parties, receptions, and other events, request a free quote here
LIKE ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW ON TWITTER


No comments:

Post a Comment