Sunday 27 May 2012

Harsh.TV Has The Honor of Interviewing The Very Talented Radio 3000

Harsh.TV Has The Honor of Interviewing The Very Talented Radio 3000, We Cover and Uncover so Much In this interview find out  like His 
Song Catalog which includes: Mario (J/RCA) Scooter Smiff (Chris Brown ENT.) Jay & Sweet (J-Lo's "my love don'tt cost a

 

thing"), Also Find Out a 
little More about his involvement in the Movie:

Dream Girls (Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Jamie Foxx)
As Well As his latest current music projects.
A Great Interview 
Enjoy 


Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do? 
 
       I go by the name of RADIO. I added 3000 to it to make it much easier to find me on the Internet since radio was such a well used word. I am a singer/song writer with a wide range of musical abilities. 


Q: Describe your Music in 5 words 
 
        Real-Uplifting-Marketable-Creative-Relevant  

Q. What makes your Voice Stand Out from other Artists? 
 
        I think I have a lot of conviction in my voice. When I rap or when I sing I want the listener to believe what I'm saying. Feel the emotion in my voice. Now a days a lot of singers are so robotic. Seems like music has lost its soul. My ability to sing and rap at virtually the same level is also a big stand out factor.


Q. We know that your Song Catalog includes: Mario (J/RCA) Scooter Smiff (Chris Brown ENT.) Jay & Sweet (J-Lo's "my love don'tt cost a thing") Did you have these Artist in Mind when you were writing the songs?
 
Well Scooter Smiff is a long time friend of mine. Kinda like my little brother. I actually wrote his very first song and showed him how to record in the studio way before he signed his deal with Chris Brown and Interscope. He was such a talented artist and I knew he would make it one day. Ive always wanted to create a great song for Scooter so I colaborated with Jay Nari who produced Tie Me Down by the New Boyz and cooked up a track called "COULD BE." I sent the record over to Scooter's mother with  me singing the hook and she forward it over to him. Scooter loved the song wrote his verses and next thing I know MARIO was interested in doing the record with Scooter. MARIO jumped on the hook and did what he does best and made the song even more of a potential hit. COULD BE is actually my first placement with a major artist such as MARIO. Jay & Sweet actually producing records for me and my sister Keyon back in the day. I was honered to work with them because they had platinum plaques from writing J-Lo's " My Love Dont Cost A Thing" and were just all around good people. They were one of the first producers who seen the potential in me and gave me a chance. Im hoping to create some more material with them in the future.
 
Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on? 
 
    I have been really working writing for more artist and on my stage production so I most recently put together a 6 piece band to help accompany my live show. So now its Radio3000 & The Time Travelers. Our show is crazy and we will be touring a lot this summer. Most of the material we will be performing comes off of my album "Tour Guide To Hollywood" which I released in 2010 through Island Def Jam Digital Distribution. I will also be releasing a few mixtapes this summer one titled "Bye Bye Hollywood" and "The Last Star Fighter." Im writing material for television and film as well. Ive found much success in getting placements on tv shows like "NBC's THE VOICE , VH1's FLAVOR OF LOVE,& EChannels CANDY GIRLS" So Im constantly working on getting more licencing deals and song placements.


Q. Please Tell us about your production work? As we know you have be

associated with Wu-Tang, Scooter Smiff (Chris Brown), Mario, Battle Cat, and many more!!! 

   Well I have a production team that I manage with a few producers and writers. One of my producers "DA BEATHOVEN" composed a record for U-God and Raekwon called "COCAINE." It did really well on the underground circuit. I was signed under the same management as Battle Cat once upon a time. I have a bunch of unreleased records over some Battle Cat productions. He's a west coast legend that I respect so much. I hope one day some of the music gets released on a major scale. I have worked with Bay Area Legend Yukmouth, Richie Rich, and Keak Da Sneak as well. In 2011 I collaborated with FREEWAY on a song called "Connected" which also did well on the underground scene. I've been working!!!


Q. Please Can you tell us a little More about your involvement in the Movie:

Dream Girls (Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Jamie Foxx)

   Well I was living in Hollywood at the time and my publicist Lynn Allen Jeter told me it would be a good idea to do some extra work for the movie Dream Girls. I didn't even know who was in the movie at the time, I just needed some extra doe. So I took the job and it was an experience to say the least. I was on set for two long days and got to see how the movie production side of entertainment all works. This was my first time ever being on a movie set. Although I was just an extra I kinda felt apart of the success of the film. I tell this story all the time... So one day Beyonce comes up to me and says "Hi..Im Beyonce" and Im thinking to myself "I KNOW...Trust me I know" lol. She was really nice in the very short convo we shared. I could see myself wanting to do movies in the future.
 
 
Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? 

   Well by then I will have a grammy or two. Perhaps for songs Ive wrote or album of the   year. I see me doing more tours world wide. Creating music with some of the greatest names in music today. Possibly dating MYA.  I think in 5 years all that Ive ever dreamed of I will have. Ive been working for a long time constantly at what I want. Hard work dedication and I know my season is very near.
 
Q: Where do you get your inspiration from? 

 I find inspiration from real life situations good or bad happy or sad. At times I will pull up some old school records and just listen all day long. There is so much inspiration in music of the past. Miles Davis, Cab Calloway, Michael Jackson, Al Green, Beethoven..the list goes on. Watching live concerts help me find inspiration as well. 
 
Q:What Artist Are on your Playlist? 

I listen to a wide range of music. Cold Play, Stevie Wonder, Lauryn Hill, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Big Sean, David Guetta, Usher, Marvin Gaye..the list goes on. My ipod game is on point!!!
 
Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 

   Innovative-Risky-Classic-Animated-Trendy 


Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you? 

    I love sending people to my www.reverbnation.com/radio3000 site. You can see almost everything I'm about there from my music to my video to shows etc. If you google "Radio3000" a bunch of stuff will pop up. Hit me up on twitter @radio3000 facebook.com/radio3000 or on youtubewww.youtube.com/radio3000. Its not hard to find me at all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment