Sunday 1 April 2012

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Amazing & Very Talented Singer/Songwriter Jessie Rose

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With The Amazing & Very Talented Singer/Songwriter, Electric Guitarist and Keys player Jessie Rose aka JRo,
We talk about The Up and Coming EP that Jessie & Her Band Members will be Releasing In May, We talk Music Inspirations and Fashion Style.
And
Find Out Just Where Jessie Plans To be in 5 years Time.
A Very Entertaining Interview that your going to Love.
Enjoy!


Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?
Hello! I’m Jessie Rose AKA JRo which is what my friends and family call me and I’m a singer/songwriter, electric guitarist and keys player.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words.
Classic yet contemporary, addictive, catchy and emotive. (Sorry, I know that’s technically 7 words but the ‘yet’ and the ‘and’ aren’t really describing the music as such ;D I’m sure you’ve grasped that already though!)

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?
We’re (my band, Jimmy and Marky and I) currently just getting the EP finished and we’ll be releasing it around May time. Shortly after that we’ll be releasing the album as well, woo! In the meantime however we’re going to be gigging like crazy mamas/papas!

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Hopefully having released at least 2 to 3 successful albums, having gained the recognition (in a good way of course!) for them and touring this big wide fabulous world we live in!

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?
Everywhere! Literally everything from everyday, past and present experiences, experiences people close to me or sometimes not so close to me have had. Newspaper articles can spur on lots of thought provoking ideas. Books I read. Dreams have inspired many songs actually, I’m a big dreamer!

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?
It’s a real mixture actually and depends on what decade we’re talking about. Currently I’m split down the middle to be honest. I could be listening to Cee Lo, Gnarls Barkley or Foster the People who are from the US, then The Heavy or The Eurythmics who are from the UK.

Q:What Artist do you listen to?
I listen to a lot of different artists and bands. I just love music and from so many genres. My favs from the old school days are people like Jimi Hendrix, The Doors and a lot of Motown and Soul. I also love James Brown, Prince and lots of the old school blues/jazz singers like Billie Holiday and Dinah Washington. Slightly newer influences have come from people like John Frusciante of The Chili Peppers and Jack White as they’re just both incredible musicians and writers. Just to finish off, my current favorite singer has to be Cee Lo Green, that man’s voice is STUNNING!

Q:Who influences your music?
Oops, I think I pretty much answered this already in the previous question! Can I say in addition though and without coming across as too cheesy, I actually think that anyone that succeeds and makes a name for themselves in this crazy (but amazing!) industry is a complete inspiration to me. It’s so hard to climb your way up this ladder (I know as I’m still climbing it like a mad woman!) and it takes an incredible amount of drive, focus and tenacity!

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? (We are loving the style here at Harsh.TV)
Oh thank you so much!! Gosh, asking me to say anything in 5 words is a task and a half! Ok I’ll go with classic and contemporary (haha, sorry for using those two again!) bold, eccentric and individual (well I try to be anyway, haha!!).

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?
Facebook and Twitter are the two online networks I tend to use the most at the moment. I’m always checking my messages and I try to reply and chat with everyone if I can :D So fire away people, I won’t bite (too hard!)

No comments:

Post a Comment