Saturday 10 December 2011

Exclusive Interview with the very Talented Singer Songwriter June Caravel

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview with the very Talented Singer Songwriter June Caravel, She has the whole of London talking about her ''London Song'' be sure to take a listen!, we talk about Inspiration, Influences, Fashion Style and her Great New EP Out on the 10 th January 2012!!!
A great Read.
Enjoy!

500_JuneCaravel_ThePembroke_fauteuil2_Credit_Caroline_Ienne.jpg

Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?
I'm a French soul pop singer songwriter but also a scriptwriter. I've settled in London 2 years and a half ago and my new EP The A Cappella Sessions will be out on the 10th January 2012.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words
A Cappella
Vocal
Husky
Funny
Crazy


Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?
So many! I've just finished recording the A Cappella Sessions EP. I'm focusing on preparing the live now as I'm preparing for the release party which will take place at the Good Ship 289 Kilburn High Road, London with my guests Isolda, Gaëlle Buswel and Julia Johnson on the 10th January 2012. By the way, if you pre-order the EP on my website, you get in for free at the release party. I've also finished the teaser for the movie we wrote with my co-scriptwriter, Samantha (http://vimeo.com/32703569). We're looking for a production company to shoot the movie at the moment.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Well all over the world touring really, having done a soul pop album in the US in 2008 and now an A Cappella EP in London, it would be nice to carry on doing other albums in different places.

TheAcappellasessionscover_200.jpg


Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?
London, its people, all the strange and funny things that happen in my life...


Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?
Well I guess my idols are all American: Prince, Marvin Gaye, Maxwell, Otis Redding, Isaac Hayes, James Brown, Meshell N'Degeocello, Bobby McFerrin. With the exception of Amy Winehouse for England. And then it's more African/European like Richard Bona, Lura and Rokia Traoré.


Q:What Artist do you listen to? I think I've answered the question above... But mainly everything that has to do with soul, pop, rock, hip-hop, R,n,b, Ragga and World Music.


Q:Who influences your music? Prince is my all time favorite artist. I like his showmanship as much as his musical genius.



Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?
Retro
Boyish
30's
Vintage
Rock'n'roll

500_JuneCaravel_TheTroubadour_landscape_Credit_Caroline_Ienne.jpg


Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?
Well they can contact me on info@junecaravel.com. I'm about to launch a remix contest for London Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txtLnQIaTJk).
So all producers who want to give it a shot can subscribe to my newsletter (http://junecaravel.free.fr) and they will be the first to know when it will be on.


----
They're already talking about London Song:

London Song reviewed on BBC's website
London Song video of the Week on Visit London's website
London Song Video on NME's website
Article on how London Song was made on Ceasefire
London Song Video reviewed on Londontopia
London Song reviewed on the blog From London With Love
London Song in London Gazette
London Song featured in the blog Loopd

No comments:

Post a Comment