Tuesday 8 November 2011

Nitasha does an interview with Samuella Palmer

Nitasha does an interview with Samuella Palmer, a fashion designer, aspiring stylist and blogger for Strutt Mode. Her blog showcases amazing imagery from international Vogue to the latest nail trends as well as showing her latest styling projects. We talk about creating a new blog, favourite models and whether she'd pick hotdogs or burgers.....here's the interview :)


Describe your blog, Strutt Mode in 6 words.

Sleek, subdued-an extension of myself.


What's the best thing you enjoy about your blog?

Being able to post what I want, what inspires me, imagery, music etc… and reading reactions to the content I put up. It always nice to know someone out there is reading what you write.

I’ve now created Strut Mode volume2. I’m older now and at a different stage in my life so I wanted my blog to reflect that and to use it more as a place to showcase my work. In order to do so I felt I had to leave my old blog behind.


You seem to keep up-to-date with models, who are your favourite models?

It changes all the time but at the moment I’m in love with Arlenis Sosa Pena, Candice Swanepoel and Jourdann Dunn. The first two remind me of THE Supermodels; they don’t have this emaciated look that seems to be popular right now. Jourdan Dunn is just stunning. She has had a baby and looks even better than she did before. My ultimate favourite has to be Naomi Campbell. I’ve loved ever since I was little.



You also have your website, http://www.samuellapalmer.com/, where you have your graduate collection, what was your inspiration for this collection?

My inspiration for the collection was ballet. I wanted to create a sportswear inspired collection that was feminine and also wanted to add tailoring to bring in the silhouette.


What type of women do you see wearing your designs?

I see both young and mature women wearing my designs. I like to keep my designs simple which allows plenty of room for accessorising to adjust to the wearers style. I can see Rihanna and Shingai Shoniwa in the jumpsuits and Scarlett Johansson in the sleeveless Trench dress.


You've also got some styling images on your website, is this something you would like to take further?

Yes it is. Whilst studying, I spent a lot of time working with stylists and always wanted to have a go at styling. As you can probably tell from the editorials I post up, I love looking at the way outfits are styled and the way people dress.




What influences you in your work?

Everything. Films, music, stories, art; celebrities, the girl down the road, my mother, and my grandmother.


Which 5 fashion designer's do you like to follow?

Stella McCartney, Alexander Wang, Phoebe Philo, Alber Elbaz, Richard Nicoll, and Roland Mouret


You have posts about Italian and German Vogue, is this your favourite publication?

I love Italian and French Vogue. I can’t read the language but their editorials are so beautiful and inspiring I don’t need the words. I’m also really into Elle (UK).


How can we follow you and your work?

You can follow me and my work by visiting my blog www.strut-mode.blogspot.com, my website www.samuellapalmer.com, and by following me on Twitter: @SamuellaSCP


Are you ready for the 'Quick Fire, Nothing To Do With Anything' round?.........

Yup



Hotdogs or Burgers?

Burgers


What's your favourite theme park ride?

Ooooh I don’t have one yet.


Dancing Queen or Couch Potato?

In my head I’m a dancing queen. In reality I’m a Couch Potato.


How many men does it take to change a light bulb?

None when I’m around because I know how to change one.


Skittles or M&M's?

skittles


Country you would like to get lost in?

The thought of getting lost in any country frightens me


Black hole in space or the Abyss?

The Abyss


What was your imaginary friends name?

I never had one.


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment