Monday 14 November 2011

Aivy Nguyen Does An Exclusive Interview With Yang Chan





Aivy Nguyen Does An Exclusive Interview With Yang Chan Who Has An Exciting New Business Coming To Birmingham. Your Going to love it!!
  • short paragraph about yourself & who you are (the company)

My name is Yang Chan; born, bred, brought up, studied and worked in Birmingham. A full-on Brummie and proud.

moo-cha Bullring will be the first in Birmingham to sell frozen yoghurt; and the first in Birmingham to go mainstream with bubble tea! :)

Both these products are huge in the USA and are hitting the UK market fast. We want to join in with the "fun"!

I hear you say... "What is frozen yoghurt and bubble tea?"

Well frozen yoghurt is pretty straight forward; it is frozen yoghurt soft served like a Mr Whippy 99, served in cups with toppings. These toppings will consists of fruit, chocolate, granola, jelly babies and so forth. It's the healthier option to ice cream! Yummm! :)

Bubble tea on the other hand is a whole new concept for most. Bubble tea is a sweet and refreshing drink. It can be shaken or blended, hot or cold, with or without toppings. Bubble tea has an immense number of possibilities! Adding toppings to bubble tea is a common trend. Tapioca pearls, jellies and popping pobbles are the most popular choices. By adding a texture component, bubble teas become much more than a drink, they turn into a snack and a drink all in one! Nom nom! :)

Our moto at moo-cha is to "Live, Laugh and Love". moo-cha is all about the "fun" factor. It's all about "you" and making your bubble tea and frozen yoghurt "fun fun fun!" You choose, you decide, you create!

  • along with a photo of you. (preferably a URL link - Attached


  • What made you decide to open up your store?

I graduated in 2006 and have worked ever since, but have never really found my true passion; nor truly enjoyed what i did. It was my visit to Boston, USA in December 2010 that gave me the idea of setting up my own bubble tea and frozen yoghurt bar here, in Birmingham. Both products of which i love! I have always wanted to run my own business but didn't really know exactly what in, until now. With this in mind, i decided that it was time for me to introduce these two "fun" products to the people of Birmingham. I must emphasise though, that bubble tea actually originated from Taiwan and is existent around the UK currently but mainly within the Asian community. I am surprised that with the UK being a nation of tea lovers, that it has taken this long for it to go mainstream.


  • In 5 years time, where would you like to see the store? (Expanding branches)

In 5 years time i would like to see moo-cha opreating nationwide. We are already looking into locations for our second stall.

  • Describe in 5 words your store.

Fresh, Fun, Trendy, Innovative and Delicious.


  • What gave you the inspiration to open up this store?

As mentioned above, my found love for these two products came from my visit to the US of A. It was the first time i had ever tasted frozen yoghurt and at that same moment that i fell in love with it too! I found that on my return to the UK, i struggled to fulfill my cravings for frozen yoghurt, as there wasn't one single place that offered it here in Birmingham. I really struggled to understand why no one had opened one, and with this in mind, i decided to put my entrepreneurial skills to use and set one up myself.

  • How long was the process of setting up this store?

The set up process has been a long and lengthy one. In all, i would say it has taken me a good five months; on the basis that i have been working on it all day and night. I believe that success comes to those who work hard for it; something my parents taught me since i can ever remember.

  • Where is your store located?

You will find moo-cha situate on the Middle Mall of the Bullring, in between Thorntons and Next; on Selfridges side.


  • What is you twitter, facebook, and website links?

Twitter: @moochauk
Facebook: www.facebook.com/moochauk
Website: www.moo-cha.com

No comments:

Post a Comment