Sunday 18 September 2011

Read The Exclusive Interview with The Very Talented and Lovely Singer/Songwriter Christine Mchoes

Harsh.TV Does an Exclusive Interview with The Very Talented and Lovely Singer/Songwriter Christine Mchoes, we talk inspiration, influences, current projects &
Why Christine decided to go back to her first Love..A Great & Inspirational Read... Enjoy

Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?
A. I'm a singer/songwriter who decided to get back in to her first love of writing and recording music after taking a Very LONG hiatus of 18 years to marry and raise our children. Now that my son has flown the coop and my daughter is almost out of the roost, I'm returning to music with a deeper appreciation and a whole lot of passion for the art.With the advent of the internet, of which I am fairly new to, this has opened up so many doors to greater opportunities. I'm hungry to return to what I thought I could leave behind so many years ago.
Aside from my musical desires, my family and I live a very different life from most people as we are off of the grid and road system. We live in a log home nestled within the woods by somescenic mountains, windy rivers and swamps. You can reach me personally by just a short small aircraft flight away from Anchorage. So when I go to lay down tracks or take care of business in town, I make sure my shopping list is filled and I have all my plans aligned as my time has to account for all I do.

Q: Describe your Music in 5 words
A. SMOOTH, JAZZY, REFINED, TASTEFUL, ELEGANT

Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?
A. Presently I'm working on writing the lyrics for my 3rd collaboration with Alexander Kuzmin. And more collaborations offers have been coming in as of late.

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A. I hope to be out performing all over the world (that's a BIG wish!!) And when I'm not on the road, I'd like to be working on new material and in the studio.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?
A. When I go on my daily power walk, I allow my thoughts to lead me down different avenues of ideas to write about. Everyday or so, I chat it up with a few close friends who always have positive attitudes and are excellent communicators. Those are the Best kind of friends to have! It's too easy to allow negativity to bring one down...I don't like that avenue. Even when I listen to other music, sometimes lyrics will stand out and leave me with a deep impression of ideas for a new song. I also have a strong faith in God and ask for guidance from Him as well. The biggest inspiration that I do gain from is Life experience, as I live it everyday.

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?
A. Is this a trick question??? LOL!! I enjoy music from both sides of the world, but I'll tell ya a little secret...Most of my fans are from the UK!!! Recently, most of the artists I do enjoy listening to are in the UK. You DO have some Very FINE musicians!!! I could name names....Historically, you gave us the Beatles, Kinks, Rolling Stones....and on and on....within my era of the 70's & 80's, there were SO many great artists out of the UK of which some are my favorites such as....Emerson Lake & Palmer, Pretenders, Supertramp, ELO, Level 42, & Basia

Q:What Artist do you listen to?
A. You did say artist...not artists. Hmmmm... I think the one that I prefer to listen to at this time is Basia as her voice & music is Fun and Challenging to sing and it's also a good vocal workout!

Q:Who influences your music?
A. Well...because I have left my personal songwriting on the back burner and instead have chosen to collaborate with others, my influences are whomever I'm collaborating with. But on a professional term, I would say that Brenda Russell, Level 42, Heart, and Basia are my influences.

Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?
A. MODEST, UNPRETENTIOUS, CASUAL, BOHO, CHIC

Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?
A. I'm easy to reach!! Email me at
mchoesc@yahoo.com or message me on
http://www.facebook.com/christine.mchoes1
http://www.reverbnation.com/christinemchoes
http://www.reverbnation.com/chrissyunfolding

No comments:

Post a Comment