Sunday 18 September 2011

Nitasha Interviews Olivia, a blogger and up-and-coming Illustrator

Nitasha Interviews Olivia, a blogger and up-and-coming Illustrator. She talks about how much her African culture influences her blog and inspires her illustrations, how music and fashion work in her life and she also takes part in the 'Quick Fire' round. How do you think she done? :)

The name of your blog is Joie De Vivre, please translate this for all none French speaking people (including moi) and tell us why you chose this name for your blog.


Olivia.JPG Olivia 2.JPG Olivia 3.JPG
Joie de Vivre…Well, it means joy of life. I have been educated and brought up to think positively and achieve my dream. This is why I have chosen this Title. For me this title means a lot to me: it means enjoying observing people’s way of being “fashionable” and understanding why men and women are enjoying wearing fashionable clothes without “following” the fashion scene and why each individuals are wearing clothes by their personalities and lifestyles.

Which 5 words best describe your blog?
Feminine, Creative, Cultural, African-ism, Colourful

What motivated you to start your own blog?
Life, my CV, Music and my African culture.

You have a post about street style, would are the most popular street styles you've seen for the summer?
The most popular street style I have seen is from Jina Boo. She has her own blog and she’s from New york. I always loved her individual street style. She also has her own blog.

As well as being a blogger, you are also an Illustrator with some of your illustrations being posted on the blog. How would describe your illustrative style?
Most people describe my blog as… Feminine, empty, black and White and fluid. I like keeping things simple I guess and I am a bit shy putting more colours into it. Nude colours is what I use for my illustrations because it is who I am: Simple and feminine.

What inspires your Illustrations?
Probably 1950’s Perfume Bottles, Lingerie, exotic flowers and Jazz.

Which designers from the fashion world inspire your work?
Mainly Contemporary African Fashion designers like Eniola Hundeyin and Casely Hayford. They are more of an contemporary African fashion designer and they are so distinct and unique.

How does music influence your Illustrations?
Music inspires me in anyway. It basically means a lot to me. Cultural music is also what I am interested in like “Little Dragon” or “Nneka”. They are expressing themselves about their live, culture and how their lifestyles are due to their real cultural backgrounds. This is the sort of things I would love to introduce myself through my illustrations.

Where would like to see your illustrations? Fashion magazines, TV, etc..
I really haven’t thought about that but I could see my illustrations being presented in Fashion magazines, newspapers and in Interior Designs.

How we keep up-to-date with you and your work?
Well mostly with Facebook because I have my own page on it. It is also called Joie De Vivre-Blog. You could also follow me on twitter @Agoddess4real or check me on tumblr.

I went easy on you for the interview questions but that won't be the case for the 'Quick Fire, Nothing To Do With Anything' round. Let's see how you do.

Heels or flats?

HEELS

If you were invisible for the day, what would you like to do?
Probably spying on my ex a bit and make him scared. Ehrm I would also steel some nice stuff in the corner like M.S or Beales. (laugh)

Perfume or Deodorant?
Perfume

If there was one meal you could constantly eat without getting any health problems, what would it be?
M&M’s, Haribos and Pizza’s.

North Pole or South Pole?
South Pole

How would you describe your hands?
Long fingers and ladylike.

Food or Drink?
FOOD!

Who is your celebrity girl crush?
Michelle Rodriguez, Halle Berry and Stacy Dash

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment