Sunday 18 September 2011

Exclusive Interview With Russell C. Brennan

Harsh.TV Does An Exclusive Interview With Russell C. Brennan (Aka Russell C. Writer) punk cellist/vocalist, songwriter and producer with new innovative act 'Psykick Holiday'. (His partner in crime is Swedish singer Joannaa Tschig), We talk inspirations, Influences, Current Projects and Fashion Style. A great Interview ...Enjoy!

logoblack.jpg bandcrop.jpg russcrop.jpg
Q.Tell us about who you are & What you do?
My name is Russell C. Brennan (Aka Russell C. Writer) I'm punk cellist/vocalist, songwriter and producer with new innovative act 'Psykick Holiday'. (My partner in crime is Swedish singer Joannaa Tschig)
I'm also and established photographer and record producer (Listed on one site in the top 20 most innovative record producers of all time).I have produced a number one hit in Europe for cult artists Eleanor Rigby (You only live twice) I started the cult themes music trend in the 90's that became a lifestyle trend for a little while. I started new music genres 'Pop Noir' (Which my band do) Ska surf and electronic espionage. I have been involved in a few influential acts like Eleanor Rigby, Ministry of Ska, Misty Woods and Box Office Poison. I tend to shun the mainstream in favour of staying cutting edge and underground but occasionally come up for air and release something available to the masses like the new Psykick Holiday CD album 'Forver Pop Noir'.


Phduo.jpg


Q: Describe your Music in 5 words
Sexy, informative, improvisational, hypnotic, innovative
Q: What are your Current projects that you are working on?
We are working on doing some classy pop videos for Psykick Holiday. I have also just moved into film and making two documentaries. I was responsible for writing and producing a indie classic album 'Censorship by Eleanor Rigby'. Many people like Shirley Manson (Garbage) Louise Werner (Sleeper) Sarah Cracknell (St Etienne) plus Blur have called it one of their favourite albums of all time. So I was asked to do a behind the scenes documentary about the album. This then lead to a documentary about cult artist Eleanor Rigby, who has one of the most interesting stories in pop music (See Eleanor Rigby myspace site for more info and to hear music). I was also married to her at the time and so can tell the inside story.
As if all that's not enough I'm in pre production of a feature film 'Over and Over' as writer/director. Its a music business revenge thriller (I also wrote all the songs for it so a proper album will be released to promote the film). Finally I also do photography and have been offered a few exhibitions around the world and looking to do interesting Photo comissions that may end up in exhibition.
Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Making feature films that have something to say but also have a great music soundtrack. Also active with helping the enviroment.
Q: Where do you get your inspiration from?
I was born creative so feel this is my journey. As a songwriter I feel I have a story to tell so this inspires me to write great songs (So I'm very fussy what I put out)
Many things and people inspire me. David Bowie, Propoganda, Blondie, Ennio Morricone, John Barry, Salvador Dali, Mathew Werner (Mad Men writer) Rod Serling (Twilight Zone Writer), Chris Carter (X-files) Joe Meek (Legendary record producer) plus other talented people I have worked with.

Q: Who would you rather listen to UK or US Music?
UK definitely always has the creative edge and I'm British. Having said that Psykick Holidays music is more popular in parts of the U.S than here. We are still underground here.
Also I have to say although I'm an alternative type person I do think Lady Ga Ga is the best pop artists to come around in the last 10 years, so respect to her.
Q:What Artist do you listen to?
As I said I do like Lady Gag Ga, but mostly its indie stuff or new bands I get sent music buy as a possible producer. The One Stop Experience is one of the best bands I have heard in years and it features Jenny Mathas (Formerly lead singer of the Belle Stars). I quite like the Vivian Girls, The Like, Duffy but lots of acts are doing nothing new or interesting so I tend to revisit acts like Propaganda and Souixsie and the Banshees who did some of the most interesting music ever.

Q:Who influences your music?
Ennio Morricone, David Bowie, Blondie, John Barry, Propaganda, Souxsie and The Banshees, The Jam
Q: Please describe your fashion style in 5 words?
Individual and stylish, I often wear one offs and sometimes design my own clothes which other groups always want to buy off me but I always refuse as I'm want to stay individual.
Q: How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?
People can email me at futurelegend@live.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment