Monday 4 July 2011

Glastonbury at it's best!

Glastonbury at it's best!

So, if you weren't at glastonbury this year, my guess is that you were probably watching it at home. I certainly was..and what a line up! From U2, to Beyonce, this year was definitely a big success!
I watched Glastonbury from start to finish, without missing an act, as I usually do, and was pleasantly surprised at how good some of the acts actually were. One of my favourites of the whole festival was Two Door Cinema Club. Although they aren't very well known yet, I have a feeling they are going to be huge, with their catchy songs and lyrics slowly attracting the nation.
I also have to mention Coldplay, one of my all time favourite bands, who performed to ttheir usual amazing standard, truly lighting up the Pyramid stage to it's true potential.
Sunday was finished with a bang, however, as Beyonce took to the stage. Having not heard from the global superstar in a while, I must admit I was quite sceptical of her new material, but was, of course, proved totally wrong. From the minute she stepped up on stage, she gave it her all. Her voice was outstanding as usual and her new songs were surprisingly fabulous! I was slightly disappointed that Michelle and Kelly from Destiny's Child couldn't be there to perform a few nostalgic numbers with Beyonce, but undoubtedly, she sang the songs beautifully reminiscent of the prime days of the band themselves.
Beyonce's dancing was true to form, and it is clear that the woman has not aged, at all, making every girl out there jealous of her perfect voice, figure and dance moves. Of course, Beyonce, with her all female band, was there to remind us that we, as women, should all be independent and strong, just like the star herself.
Leaving the stage with the words 'Love y'all, holla!' We have all been reminded of our love for Beyonce. I hope she is successful in the future with her new album, as if she comes to the UK, I will now be one of the first to buy a ticket! You go girl!


Reported By Rachel Boagey

No comments:

Post a Comment